Power Platform App Maker Associate
If you’re a business professional with deep expertise in your solution domain and you want to use your passion for building Microsoft Power Platform solutions to simplify, automate, and transform tasks and processes for your team, this certification is designed for you. You must have the skills to accomplish key technical business analyst tasks, such as data modeling, basic UX design, requirements analysis, and process analysis.
You fit the profile for the app maker role if you’re self-directed and solution-focused, and you work with the maker tools of Microsoft Power Platform to solve business problems. You might have experience with Visual Basic for Applications, Excel PivotTables, Teams, and other tools. Although you might not have formal IT training, you’re comfortable working with IT administrators and Microsoft Power Platform developers using technology to solve business problems. You’re responsible for:
- Designing and creating apps and automating workflows.
- Analyzing and visualizing data in context of an app or automated workflow.
- Implementing and managing apps and automated workflows.
Take One Exam »
Microsoft Power Platform App Maker
Earn the Certification »
Microsoft Certified: Power Platform App Maker Associate
- Design business solutions
- Create solutions
- Analyze and visualize data
- Business Analyst
- Business Owner
- Business User
- Data Analyst
- DevOps Engineer
- App Maker
- Technology Manager
- Basic data modeling, user experience design, requirements analysis, and process analysis skills.
- A personal growth mindset and are comfortable using technology to solve business problems.
- An understanding of the operational need and have a vision of the desired outcome. They approach problems with phased and iterative strategies.
- 2 Days
Module 1: Create a model-driven application in Power Apps
This module introduces you to creating a model-driven app in Power Apps that uses Common Data Service.
Module 2: Create a canvas app in Power Apps
This module introduces you to Power Apps, helps you create and customize an app, and then manage and distribute it.
Module 3: Use the UI and controls in a canvas app in Power Apps
This module will focus on how to provide the best app navigation, and build the best UI using themes, icons, images, personalization, different form factors, and controls.
Module 4: Automate a business process using Power Automate
This module introduces you to Power Automate, teaches you how to build workflows, and how to administer flows.
Module 5: Create and use analytics reports with Power BI
Learn what Power BI is, including its building blocks and how they work together.
Module 6: Get started with AI Builder
This module helps you build an AI model from the beginning and shows how you can use it in your business without writing a single line of code.